Typical KMD PlassData DVI customers are Interior Ministries, National Police Forces, Forensic Institutes and Universities from all over the world.
Time-saving data processing
Advanced processing of mass disaster data
KMD PlassData DVI compares entered or imported data and pinpoints plausible matches between a large number of missing persons and decedents/body parts in the aftermath of mass fatality incidents. The automated data processing helps authorities save valuable time in a difficult situation.
Disaster victim identification based on global standards for DVI protocols
Work at remote sites
Standardized data exchange
Easy data exchange with other databases
Work in your preferred language
KMD PlassData DVI supports a complete reconciliation workflow
From searching/matching to reporting through comparison reports to identification reports including conclusions/signatures.
Searching capabilities on all entered data
Carry out advanced searches on all entered data, including dental records, DNA, fingerprints, X-rays, photos, etc. Automatic batch matching on all dental data can also be applied.
State-of-the-art dental technology
KMD PlassData DVI has a dental records system in a class of its own. The system is developed in consultation with dentists from The Forensic Odontology Working Group of the INTERPOL DVI Standing Committee. The new V6 includes extended dental comparison information and pop-up of dental X-rays and diagnoses.
Key KMD PlassData DVI features
- Recording of missing persons (ante-mortem data) and decedents (post-mortem data) is based on INTERPOL DVI forms
- All-in-one file manager
- Side-by-side file comparison
- Advanced search engine
- Searching capabilities on all entered data
- Easy import/export of files
- Print selected, empty or numbered DVI form set
- Creation, printing/export of reports
- Matching of files with automatic batch matching on all dental data
Key KMD PlassData DVI reports
- Comparison reports
- Identification reports
- Reconciliation reports
- Body Storage reports
National Register of Missing Persons
KMD PlassData DVI has a specially designed National Missing Persons and Unidentified Bodies (MPUB) database and forms to be used in day-to-day work on missing persons and unidentified bodies not related to disasters. You can enter information not available in the DVI forms – for example last known to be alive, missing from, last seen at/in, possible whereabouts and possible motive for disappearance. With the MPUB features you can make electronic announcements of searches and of persons found through PDF files to other countries.
Fully integrated with INTERPOL DVI 2018 forms
Remote and On-Site Support
(online/e-mail/phone) to our
We also offer two kinds of
1. Emergency on-site support provided
at a disaster site
2. Technical on-site support
independent of a disaster. In this case
our experts will assist the authorities to
ensure they are technically prepared
to handle the large amount of information
on missing persons and unidentified
bodies received in the aftermath of a
We continuously develop KMD PlassData DVI in close collaboration with INTERPOL and DVI teams all over the world. This way we ensure that the needs of our customers and the INTERPOL standards are met.
We make a difference when disaster strikes
KMD PlassData DVI has proved its indisputable quality countless times in many countries.
For instance, it has aided in the:
- Vnukovo Airlines Flight 2801 plane crash in Svalbard, Norway (1996)
- Terrorist bombings in Bali (2002)
- Thailand Tsunami (2004)
- Terrorist bombings in London (2005)
- Princess of the Stars ferry capsizing in the Philippines (2008)
- Air France AF447 plane crash in the Atlantic Ocean (2009)
- Christchurch earthquake in New Zealand (2011)
- Oslo Bombings and Utøya shooting in Norway (2011)
- Lac-Mégantic derailment in Quebec, Canada (2013)
- MH17 plane crash in eastern Ukraine (2014)
- Germanwings A320 plane crash in France (2015)
- Truck with 71 dead migrants in Austria (2015)
- Great Belt Bridge rail accident, Denmark (2019)
KMD PlassData DVI was used in different ways in these incidents. Sometimes only for the collection and transfer of AM data, and at other times to deal with the entire ID operation depending on whether the countries involved had a license to use our software.
We support all modern browsers (Android, iOS etc.)
Yes. It is possible to use KMD PlassData DVI on multiple client devices like desktops, tablets, and mobile phones.